Have you noticed how some people at work seem to look great during the day and when you have an evening work function look even better? They seem to be able to transform themselves with ease. On arrival at the conference they seem to have a small case and yet look as though they have a whole wardrobe with them. On the other hand you have taken a much bigger case, many more clothes and yet still feel as if you haven't quite got the right clothes and accessories with you. By reading these tips you too can move from day to evening with ease too.
1. Attitude – Rather than feeling that you never look your best, start believing in yourself. Believe that you are the best dressed in the room, this will help your confidence no-end.
2. Plan – If you have a work to evening function, plan in advance (up to a week) what you could wear. Try on the day outfit and transform it into the evening outfit, including the shoes and the accessories. You might find that just one item needs changing, for example a necklace. By planning in advance you'll have time to look in the shops for that piece.
3. Detail – There is much truth in the saying 'The devil is in the detail'. When you are trying on your evening outfit, look in a full length mirror or get a partner or friend to take a digital photo for you. Concentrate on the details of the photo. Is there anything that you could do to change an acceptable image of you into one that wows?
4. Dress – One of the easiest transformations from work wear to evening wear is a dress & jacket combination. A simple day dress in a color that suits you, with a matching or co-ordinating jacket can look very smart. By keeping the dress for the evening you could change the jacket to something dressier or swap it for a wrap & you can change the shoes for something more strappy or glitzy. Add an eye catching necklace & / or ear rings to pull the whole evening look together. The effect can be so different that colleagues will hardly notice the dress that you wore in the day.
5. Make-up: Your make-up during the day may be understated. By making more of your eye make-up and adding a flash of bright lipstick you will complete your overall transformation.
6. Bag: If you have a briefcase or a large bag in the day, then pack a small clutch bag for the evening. There are some great shapes and styles for eye catching pieces around at the moment.
7. Walk into the evening event feeling a million dollars. If you really love your look yourself you will convey that image when you walk into the room.
If you need feel you need help with finding styles and colors that really work for you then treat yourself to an image consultation. An image consultant can help you to portray the successful person that you are through your appearance and after your visit you are likely to wonder why you didn't do this years ago!
Source by Janet Major